How are you? I am terrible. I'm cold and tired, we have a lack of proper clothes. I cannot wait to get home to Georgia. The men here are savages, they "relieve" themselves where ever they please. Also they have no discipline, which is probably why we've been losing. The worst part about this excursion is the food. We've been eating these things called fire cakes, they are just dough and water.
What do the people think about Washington's tactics there? All of us captains think it is a good plan. He plans to bleed England of not people but of money. All we need is to stay alive for long enough. My men though do not share my opinion, they think we should stand and fight. They do not understand the complexity of his plan.
I think in spring that I will re-enlist. My men need me and without me will most likely die. I will stay here for at least another term, if not longer. Tell Elizabeth this but not of the conditions. Tell her that I am doing good and that we will go on our honeymoon when I get back. Also tell her I love her. I must go now we have a new inspector General from Germany, he has us run drills all day long. So till next time, Farewell.
Sincerely,
Captain Stan Charles
No comments:
Post a Comment